Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Miami Heat are killing me

I don't care what you lack in size in the middle, you have Dwayne Wade, Lebron James and Chris Bosh you should be winning. I don't see any reason for them to be losing like this all the time there is no way that they should be missing so many shots, turning the ball over and playing like a bunch of kids at the Y.
My prediction at this point is they will finish the season with 46 wins and 36 losses. I can't see them turning this around so dramatically that they will bring a title home this year. Jeff Van Gundy said he expected the Heat to finish with 72 wins! haha I guess he is probably laughing at the thought of that right now as the heat have already lost 6 of their first 14 games.
Who is this Lebron James? I don't even recognize his game, this is not him. He's becoming a passive player who plays soft and it doesn't suit him at all. He needs to control the ball and look to score, that's kind of hard to do when you have Dwayne Wade who is basically the same type of player.
The Heat are loaded with great players and ex-great players, they even had Jerry Stackhouse earlier in the year before they dropped him for Erick Dampier to get some real size down low. Jerry Stackhouse could basically carry a team 8-9 years ago but on this team he looked lost. They have Big Z who is a great option, but, on this team looks lost. I could go on and on from player to player, but I am not completely counting them out, if they can start making shots they could be amazing. Potential is only as good as the results that come from it.
I'm hoping that in 6 months from now I will say that they were much better the remaining 66 games than I had predicted but I really am having some trouble believing that I will be so wrong.

1 comment: